How to set up model configurations for Oregional REST API.
Model configurations allow to refine how a model should be made available to a remote application.
- add an icon to the model that can be sent to the remote application to help users visually to identify quickly the type of odoo record they see on a Confluence page
- change the display name of the model, eg: for res.partner instead of "Contacts" you might want to display "Partners" in Confluence
- limit the list of fields that can be displayed in Confluence (you might not want to allow certain sensitive fields to be able to be accessible from Confluence)
- link a model configuration to any model scheme
The app is shipped with the Default partner configuration scheme to give you an idea about this feature.
Model configurations menu
Model configuration list
The list of active model configurations is displayed by default.
Inactive model configurations can be opened using seach filter and search for field Active with value is false
Model configuration settings
Only users with Oregional Odoo App administrator permission can make settings for model configurations
|Icon||Custom icon for the model in this configuration||Can be made available for external applications|
|Name||The name of the model||Translateable|
|Active button||Archive / Unarchive a model scheme|
|Model||Linked Odoo model object||A records from ir.module.module model|
|Model Technical Name||The technical name of the linked Odoo model||It is a related field, so it is computed automatically|
|Model Display Name||Custom display name for the model in this configuration|
|Filter||Apply a record filter to control which records of the model are available in Confluence||Coming soon...|
|Description||Additional information about the model scheme||Translateable|
Fields for the selected model that are allowed to be used in Confluence.
There are three ways to limit the list of fields:
- None: there is no limit, all fields are available for the model
- Blacklist: all fields except for the listed fields are available for the model
- Whitelist: only the listed fields are available for the model
Not all fields make sense or advised to be used in Confluence, but it is up to you, what you allow. Just give it some thoughts before allowing all fields.
Model schemes tab
Quickly link this configuration to model schemes. You can also unlink them here.
Quick information about:
- creation timestamp
- user who created the record
- last modification timestamp
- user who last modified the record